KONE ECO3000® E3M is a bespoke escalator manufactured in the UK to suit the requirements of the most demanding locations.
Highly durable, this escalator is designed to offer unparalleled reliability in the busiest of environments 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Ideal escalators for busy airport terminals or tube stations.
Intelligent micro processor permanently monitors the operation and safety of the escalator and can be integrated within the buildings own management control system to allow a real time response to any potential issues.
KONE firmly believes that sustainable buildings are our future and are committed to helping customers achieve their environmental objectives by providing environmentally responsible products and services.
· The patented KONE ECO3000® drive is chainless (even for the handrail) and utilises a 96% efficient planetary reduction gear, thereby improving operating efficiency, which in turn reduces energy consumption and environmental impact.
· ECO3000 drive conserves energy by adjusting voltage and current up to 120 times per second in response to escalator workload, this increases equipment lifetime and can reduce energy consumption by up to 30% .
· Stand-by operation reduces the escalator speed when no passengers are travelling, thus further reducing energy consumption and increasing equipment lifetime
· ECO3000 drive extends oil change intervals up to 40,000 hours, twice as long as conventional drive systems.
· ECO3000 escalators are made from 90% recyclable materials.
· The possibility for a lubrication-free step chain means no oil, a cleaner escalator and environment, reduced fire hazard, simpler cleaning and easier maintenance.
· Optional LED decorative lighting systems use 90% less energy and last up to 6 times longer than fluorescent tubes
· Escalator packaging and timber protection is an example of our commitment to using wood taken from sustainable forests
· At the end of March 2008 90% of our production operations were certified according to ISO 14001 standard.
KONE Eco Efficient Escalators.pdf
Equipment performance options
Wider track transition radii and durable chain guidance system with a return sprocket available to extend chain life.
Standard factory finish of Primed sheet steel is available for local finishes, options include polished stainless steel and glass cladding. Brushed stainless steel is also available as a standard factory finish and our bespoke design option means that specialist cladding is also available.
Enquire about specialist cladding...
Natural anodised aluminium and brushed satin stainless steel are standard finishes available. Customised wider deckings can be supplied to enhance aesthetics and user comfort.
Enquire about customised decking...
KONE offers bespoke access cover options as well as two standard factory finishes all providing a change of contrasts of floor materials between the static and moving floor
Enquire about bespoke access covers...
Balustrade and Handrail options
Balustrades can be provided in two height versions 1,000mm and 1,100mm. Tall glass balustrades can offer additional passenger safety and can be supplied with internal lighting. Solid balustrades (including inclined) are available for additional durability for heavy usage requirements.
Customers can choose from a variety of handrail colours to compliment the building decor, optional V-type handrail cuts out slippage while being highly durable and providing a safe and comfortable ride.
The KONE E3M is a bespoke escalator product and as such planning guides are developed specifically for your project requirements Contact a KONE sales representative for your KONE ECO3000® E3M planning guide.
Standard safety devices
All KONE escalators are compliant with EN115 construction code. Handrail inlet and comb plate impact devices are standard features of a KONE ECO3000® escalator detecting objects prior to them entering these areas. When triggered this device will turn off the motor and activate the brake. Pictograms are also supplied showing the position of stop buttons and other safety devices. Head guards situated above the escalator will prevent passengers trapping themselves between the decreasing void of the handrail and ceiling on the up escalator. An infill panel placed between two escalators will prevent children or adults from climbing between the equipment.
Optional safety features
Please click through the slide show below to view our range of additional safety features available for you escalator.
What is People Flow®?
People Flow means people moving smoothly, safely, comfortably, and without waiting in and between buildings.
Lift Toolbox »Car desginer tool »Escalator Toolbox »References »Eco-efficiency »
Lifts »Escalators and autowalks »Doors »Loading Bay and Access »Maintenance »Modernisation »
Residential buildings »Office buildings »Retail buildings »Transit centres »Airport buildings »Medical buildings »
Follow us on