Safety tips for elevator and escalator passengers
Putting these tips into practice can help improve the safety, reliability and performance of your equipment.
- In case of a fire or other emergency, use stairs instead of elevators.
- Parents should accompany children at all times and discourage them from playing in or around the elevators.
- Passengers should keep away from the elevator doors during the ride. Those traveling with children should hold their hands, and pets should be kept close on a leash.
- If you notice something unusual in the elevator, such as sounds, smells, or malfunctions in the lighting system, call your local KONE Customer Care Center to schedule an inspection.
- In the event a passenger gets trapped in an elevator, remember that elevator cars have sufficient ventilation and plenty of oxygen. Call the KONE Customer Care Center for immediate assistance.
Safety tips for facility management
What to do if an elevator stops operating?
In some cases, performing a few simple checks can help you get equipment back into operation quickly.
- If a problem is reported, confirm the situation and then call the KONE Customer Care Center.
- Make sure that there are no obstructions at the doors.
- Check that none of the buttons in the elevator car are stuck.
- Have a qualiﬁed person check if there is a tripped breaker on the main power supply.
For immediate assistance, contact KONE Customer Care Center at (60) 3 7494 7500.
Did you know?
- Interior and automatic doors improve safety by reducing the risk of items getting caught. This prevents accidents to both people and pets.
- Problems can often be solved before passengers are even aware of them. The KONE Remote Monitoring Services provide a direct connection to your local KONE Customer Care Center in the event of a malfunction.
- KONE Care for Life™ analysis provides a thorough assessment of your elevator or escalator, including its safety.
Read more about our maintenance packages »