Energy efficient solutions bring you significant savings, and also reduce your equipment’s carbon footprint. KONE is a pioneer in developing and providing eco-efficient solutions. Car lighting can cause as much as 40–70% of an elevator’s total energy consumption, but that is easy to reduce by upgrading to more energy efficient lighting solutions.
↓ For Elevators
Kits for Elevators
Existing fluorescent light tubes are replaced with second generation LED tubes.
- LED tubes last three times longer than fluorescent light tubes.
- Reduces energy consumption by 50% compared to fluorescent lights.
- Less call-outs to change lights.
- Updates car lighting to consume less energy.
- Compatible with all cars that have T8 type fluorescent tubes and a conventional starter.
- The light colour is natural white with a light intensity close to fluorescent tubes.
Led spot upgrade
Upgrading halogen lamp ceilings with LED lights improve reliability and reduces energy consumption
- Increased passenger comfort.
- Increased reliability.
- 10 times longer lifetime.
- Reduced energy consumption.
- LED lights are installed to existing halogen light fixings, no special wirings required.
- The LED lights intensity is comparable with 20W halogen light and the light color is -3000K.
The new ceiling refreshes the look of the elevator car, and the new lighting reduces energy consumption.
- Accommodates LED spots that reduce lighting energy consumption by up to 80%.
- Enables installation of car light switch package and other energy saving upgrades.
- Updates the ceiling design.
- Either white painted sheet metal or stainless steel.
- Three sizes available based on elevator car width (BB) and depth (DD) —
- 500 mm ≤ DD ≤ 800 mm,
- 800 mm < DD ≤ 1500 mm,
- 500 mm ≤ BB ≤ 1100 mm.
Car light automatic switch
The lights switch off automatically, when there are no passengers in the elevator car.
- Reduces lighting-related energy consumption by up to 90% (in residential buildings cars are on standby for much of the day).
- Extends lifetime of lamp elements.
- Fewer unplanned maintenance visits.
- Switching halogen and LED lamps on or off does not stress electronic components as much as with fluorescent tubes.
- Lighting can be timed to switch off from 1 to 10 minutes after the elevator has stopped.
- Fulfills the VDI standard 4707 for energy efficiency of elevators and the ISO 25745 energy performance of elevators and escalators. Both follow the Directive on Energy Performance of Buildings (2002/91/EC).
↑ Back to topPlease contact us for more information about repair services >>