Would you like to explore our corporate site or visit your local website?Stay on Corporate site
1. Collected data and sources of data
KONE is not collecting any directly identifiable information. However, when you scan the QR code to use the QR call, KONE and its service provider Magic Add will receive the IP address of your mobile device / used network.
KONE also collects anonymous analytics data that is automatically generated when using the QR Call with your mobile device. Such data includes e.g. device description, model and operating system of the mobile device and application usage data (e.g. average use time, most popular functionalities). You may also give feedback anonymously through the QR Call service.
2. The purposes of the processing
Processing of IP address is based on KONE’s legitimate interests related to the following purposes:
- providing the QR Call services to your use in the Building, including enabling the functioning of the service; analyzing and correcting any possible defects in the service or KONE equipment; and monitoring and ensuring the security of the service and KONE equipment;
- analysis of how the service is being used; KONE may use the (anonymous) results of such analysis also to enable product and service development; and
- establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, as allowed under the applicable laws.
3. Transfers of personal data
KONE may use reliable subcontractors’ services for personal data processing. KONE shall conclude with the subcontractors a personal data processing agreement, which ensures sufficient protection, security and confidentiality of personal data and limits the subcontractors' right to use personal data only to the purposes defined in this privacy statement.
KONE may transfer personal data between the KONE group companies (as allowed by applicable legislation).
Your personal data may be disclosed to public authorities in situations where the applicable local law explicitly demands and allows such disclosure.
4. Retention period of the personal data
IP addresses are stored in KONE subcontractor Magic Add’s server cache for an hour and in the log system for one week.
5. Data subjects’ rights
You have a right to review the personal data collected on you, right to have incorrect personal data corrected and right to request deletion of personal data. You may use these rights by contacting KONE:
Keilasatama 3, 02150 Espoo, FINLAND
Telephone: +358 204 751
Attention: Data Privacy Counsel, Legal Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event you have concerns or remarks regarding legality of personal data processing, you may lodge a complaint with a competent local data protection supervisory authority.