Would you like to explore our corporate site or visit your local website?Stay on Corporate site
In accordance with Article 33 of Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), KONE Corporation and its subsidiaries (together “KONE”) hereby wish to inform their customers about the presence of substances on the current candidate list of substances of very high concern for authorization (last updated January 16, 2020) in certain KONE articles.
KONE is constantly striving to remove substances of very high concern (SVHC) from its articles. However, please note that to the best of our knowledge and based on information provided by our suppliers, the following KONE articles delivered to the EU contain SVHCs in a concentration above 0.1% weight by weight:
Lead (CAS 7439-92-1):
- Lead filler bits used in the counterweights of KONE MonoSpace 700™ and KONE TranSys™ elevators with low head room or with very little space for the counterweight
- Lead-acid batteries in all elevators
- Certain electrical and electronic articles within PCBAs and drives in KONE’s electrification solutions
- Certain seals in the safety gears
- Certain brake cam bushings and washers in the over-speed governors
- NTC thermistors in the stators
1, 2-dimethoxyethane (CAS 110-71-4):
- Lithium coin cell batteries in certain PCBAs
Dodecamethylcyclohexasiloxane (CAS 540-97-6):
- Rubber moulding in certain doors
The aforementioned articles do not pose a safety risk to customers and end-users under normal conditions of use provided the equipment is operated according to KONE’s instructions and the articles are disposed of in accordance with all applicable regulations.