Would you like to explore our corporate site or visit your local website?Stay on Corporate site
Metro City, Shanghai, China
Located in the heart of Shanghai’s business district, the Metro City shopping mall is one of the city’s most iconic landmarks. A crystalline globe-shaped structure is the centerpiece of the complex, and its numerous retail and entertainment outlets are a big hit with city dwellers who come visiting by the tens of thousands. A total of 32 escalators work around the clock, helping move people in and around the mall.
- Location: Xujiahui commercial district, Shanghai, China
- Building opened: 1998
- Escalators modernized: 2020
- Size: 67,000 square meters
- Building type: Commercial
- Daily visitors: 50,000 to 100,000
- Building owner/operator: Shanghai Metro City Business Management Co. Ltd
- Modernize 32 escalators without interrupting day-to-day operations.
- Improve customer convenience and safety, while increasing the eco-efficiency of escalators.
- Preserve smooth people flow in the mall during the modernization process.
- Executed modernization using KONE EcoMod™ escalator modernization solution on existing trusses.
- Planned material flow in advance and delivered materials in batches to limit taking up space in the mall.
- Carried out operations at night to avoid inconveniencing shoppers and other customers.
- 32 KONE EcoMod™ escalators
Explore other landmark projects
These featured projects enrich the urban fabric of their city, and we're proud to have played our part.