- The value of KONE’s orders received for the period under reviewfor the period under review, exclusive of maintenance contracts, totaled EUR 1,108 million or 2.6% less than during the first half of 2001. Order volume during the first quartilesecond quartile figure was 21% above the corresponding figure for the first three months of 2002.
- Net sales increased by 7.7% to EUR 1,378 million (EUR 1,280 million).
- The value of orders in hand at the end of the period under review was EUR 1,957 million (EUR 2,038 million).
- Net income for the period under review totaled EUR 60.8 million (EUR 44.9 million) and earnings per share stood at EUR 1.04 (EUR 0.77). Operating income increased to EUR 96.6 million (EUR 80.7 million).
- KONE acquired shareholdings in Toshiba and Partek.