Would you like to explore our corporate site or visit your local website?Stay on Corporate site
At KONE, our mission is to improve the flow of urban life. We understand People Flow in and between buildings, making people’s journeys safe, convenient and reliable.
Environmental ambition and objectives
At KONE, we want to be a leader in sustainability, and environmental sustainability is one of our key focus areas. We develop smart and sustainable technologies for People Flow® and want to be the preferred partner for environmentally sustainable urban environments. We drive transformation towards sustainable, circular and carbon neutral operations. We engage our employees, customers, suppliers and partners on climate and environmental action.
Our long-term environmental objectives are to reduce the emissions from our own operations by 50% and have carbon neutral operations by 2030. We also aim to reduce our product-related emissions by 40% relative to ordered products by 2030.
We choose sustainability every day. We are committed to fighting global climate change and the loss of biodiversity by maximizing our positive impacts on the environment and by minimizing the adverse ones throughout the value chain. As a signatory of the UN Global Compact, we promote the Sustainable Development Goals applicable to our activities and are committed to the Paris Pledge for Action climate initiative. In line with our environmental principles, we:
- promote circularity and sustainable consumption through long-lasting, upgradable and energy-efficient products, as well as our maintenance and modernization services.
- cut greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution in our operations and across the value chain.
- evaluate and improve the life cycle environmental and health impacts of our solutions.
- conserve natural resources by using materials efficiently and by reducing energy and water consumption, waste generation and other harmful discharges to the environment.
- use sustainable, safe and responsibly sourced materials, and avoid the use of hazardous substances.
- strive for continuous improvement through the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and by regularly monitoring and reporting on our environmental performance.
In addition to complying with, or exceeding applicable laws, rules, and regulations, we set internal requirements to uphold high environmental standards in all our activities globally, as well as for our suppliers and partners. KONE’s management and supervisors are committed to taking ownership of and being accountable for KONE’s Environmental Policy Statement.
President and CEO
March 18, 2021