M. Sc. (Econ.) Noud Veeger, 42, has been appointed executive vice president, New Elevator & Escalator Business and member of KONE’s Executive Committee. He was previously managing director of KONE plc of the U.K.
Licentiate of Technology Pekka Kemppainen, 49, has been appointed area director, Asia Pacific. Kemppainen was previously executive vice president, New Elevator & Escalator Business.
M. Sc. (Eng.) Heimo Mäkinen, 59, has been named area director, North America and president and CEO of KONE Inc. of the United States. He was previously area director, Asia Pacific as well as executive vice president, Technology & Purchasing.
M. Sc. (Eng.) Heikki Leppänen, 47, has been named senior vice president, Technology & R&D. William Orchard, member of KONE’s Executive Committee, will add Purchasing to his existing responsibilities.
Nominations will come into effect as of 1 April, 2004. After that KONE’s Executive Committee consists of the following members:
- President Manfred Eiden
- Executive vice president, General Counsel, Acquisitions & Toshiba Alliance, Klaus Cawén
- Executive vice president, Building Door Business, Michel Chartron
- Executive vice president, Service Business, William Orchard
- Executive vice president, Finance & Information Systems, Aimo Rajahalme
- Executive vice president, Human Resources, Kerttu Tuomas
- Executive vice president, New Elevator & Escalator Business, Noud Veeger
Secretary to the Board of Directors
Executive Vice President, Human Resources
For further information, please contact:
Kerttu Tuomas, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, tel. +358 (0)400 626 825
KONE is a global service and engineering company that specializes in moving people and goods. It comprises two divisions: KONE Elevators & Escalators and Kone Cargotec. KONE Elevators & Escalators sells, manufactures, installs, maintains and modernizes elevators and escalators, and services automatic building doors. Kone Cargotec supplies products and services to facilitate moving and loading cargo. KONE's B shares are listed on the Helsinki Exchanges.