Would you like to explore our corporate site or visit your local website?Stay on Corporate site
The shareholders of KONE Corporation are hereby summoned to the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders to be held in the Helsinki Fair Centre, Congress Wing, at Messuaukio 1, 00520 Helsinki, Finland on Wednesday, 18 May, 2005 at 10.00 a.m.
Shareholder registration will begin at 9:00 a.m.
The meeting shall decide on the following matters pertaining to the Annual General Meeting as stated in Article 12 of the company's Articles of Association:
1. The financial statement, which shall comprise the Income Statement, the Balance Sheet, and the Annual Report, as well as the consolidated financial statements comprising the Consolidated Income Statement and the Consolidated Balance Sheet;
2. The Auditors' Report, as well as the Auditors' Report concerning the whole group of companies
3. The approval of the Income Statement and the Balance Sheet, as well as the Consolidated Income Statement and the Consolidated Balance Sheet
4. Any measures occasioned by the profit or loss according to the approved Consolidated Balance Sheet
5. Granting release from liability to the members of the Board of Directors and to the President
6. The number of members and alternate members of the Board of Directors, and their remunerations
7. The number of Auditors and their remunerations
8. Election of the Chairman of the Board of Directors and its other regular members and alternate members
9. Election of the Auditors and their alternates.
The financial statement for the extended accounting period 1 January, 2004 – 31 March, 2005 as well as the Board of Directors’ proposal for distribution of dividends will be published on 2 May, 2005. The distribution of dividends will occur in May prior to the demerger of KONE Corporation into new KONE Corporation and Cargotec Corporation on 31 May, 2005. The Nomination Committee and the Audit Committee propose that the current Board members and auditors will be re-elected and continue until the demerger of KONE Corporation.
Copies of documents concerning the financial statements may be inspected by the shareholders one week prior to the Annual General Meeting at the Company headquarters at Kartanontie 1, Helsinki and on the Company’s internet site www.konecorp.com/agm.
Right to participate
In order to take part in the Annual General Meeting, shareholders must be registered in the shareholders’ register maintained by the Finnish Central Securities Depository by 6 May, 2005. Shareholders who have placed their shares in trust must temporarily re-register the shares in their own names by 6 May, 2005 in order to participate in the meeting.
Notifying of participation
A shareholder who wishes to participate in the Annual General Meeting must notify the Company not later than 4:00 p.m. on 13 May, 2005. Notification can be made by:
- mail to: KONE Corporation, Share register, Kartanontie 1, 00330 Helsinki;
- telefax: + 358 20 475 4309;
- telephone: +358 20 475 4332 / Ulla Silvonen; or
- completing the electronic registration form available at www.konecorp.com/agm
Shareholders are also requested to notify the Company of any proxies for the Annual General Meeting so that they are in the Company’s possession by 13 May, 2005.
Helsinki, 18 March, 2005
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Director, secretary to the Board of Directors
Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications & IR